Friday, May 30, 2008

Hoo Kneads Sckool?

For those of you who don't know, I have been attending LDS Business College for the past 2 years now. In all reality I should be graduated by now, but as it turns out, I'm not. I strongly dislike school, I always have. Tim and I have both come to accept the fact that I won't be graduating anytime soon because I just simply don't have the desire. This is a fact that plagues him more than it does me. I guess he's been thinking about it a lot lately because he asked me this question the other day: "If there were one thing I could do as a career, without thinking about the schooling involved, what would it be?" Well that's a no-brainer for me, I would be a vet. I think he anticipated my answer because he said that Salt Lake Community College offers something along those lines and that he would look into it for me. How did this turn in to school? He's very sneaky like that. So he comes home the next day with information on a class called Introduction to Veterinary Technician. It covers the roles of the vet tech, office procedures, legal guides and basics in animal behavior patterns, handling, restraint, nutrition and care. It's a night class offered once a week, so I can still work full-time, which is both good and bad news. I never thought I'd see the day when I was looking forward to the start of fall semester. I am excited!

2 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

So you're going to do it? You're not giving up on LDSBC are you? Come on Lees, get one degree under your belt. Congrats on vet school though!

Jamie said...

You have not changed one bit! You crack me up! I feel the same way though, I was so not meant for school!