Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday To Us!

Tim and I always have a good time celebrating our birthdays together. For those that don't know, mine is on the 8th and Tim's is on the 9th. I started my birthday by sleeping in (like I don't do that most days anyway), making myself French Toast (one of my current cravings) and watching Sunday night's new episode of Desperate Housewives. Then my sister-in-law, Talana, who was visiting from Florida for a couple of weeks, offered to take me to get a pedicure for my birthday present. These days I jump at the chance for a foot massage whether I know the person giving it or not, so I was thrilled with this birthday activity. Since Tim has a night class on Monday and Wednesday nights I was on my own during the evening too. Luckily, my friend Jenna offered to take me to dinner at one of my favorite places, Cheesecake Factory. We did a little bit of shopping after dinner and we had a great time together. Tim gave me some beautiful earrings that he picked out by himself and were a complete surprise to me. I got a lot of cards and phone calls from family, which were greatly appreciated.
Tim took the day off from work on his birthday, so he was able to sleep in, too. We spent most of the afternoon driving around looking at houses for sale in different areas that we liked. Then we went to Kid to Kid, where we happened to find an extra car seat base that matches the interior of my car and goes with the car seat we bought from my sister. I was pretty excited about this because we were debating on whether we needed a base for each car or not, but put it on our Target registry just in case. It was $38 at Target and we bought the one at Kid to Kid for $15! After that we went to Nickelcade, which is always a fun time for both of us, especially when the place is empty. For dinner we went to Tepanyaki, which has become our birthday tradition. I look forward to that dinner all year long.
You would think that would be the end of this post, but it's not. I like to celebrate what I call my birthday week, or our birthday week, depending on how much Tim is willing to go along with it. Tim's parents asked his sister to take us out to dinner as their gift to us, so Wednesday night we went to The Blue Iguana. Sunday evening was our birthday dinner at my mom's house, where we had ham, funeral potatoes, and green bean casserole (my choice) for dinner and cream cheese brownies (Tim's choice) for dessert. Then last night my mom came up to the ghetto for a Curves meeting and offered to take Tim and I out to dinner for our birthdays. Tim chose Wingers, which I normally would veto but their only redeeming quality is that they give you free Asphalt Pie on your birthday, so it was worth it.

3 comments:

Reary Family said...

I always love to hear a good birthweek story. Sound like you guys had a good one, my favorite part was the not cooking all week. That is definitely a bonus.

Courtney and Nate said...

Wait, you were in Florida? Because I can't imagine you were driving around looking at houses anywhere BUT Florida. Happy late birthday! Can't wait to meet Tim Jr.

The Higginbothams said...

That sounds like a great week. What's so bad about Winger's? I love their Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad. But it surely doesn't beat Tepanyaki. I haven't thought about Nicklecade since we moved, so that made me laugh.