Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Tim and I had a very uneventful Halloween this year. We just passed out candy at our house to all the devil children. I use the term children loosely since 60% of them have been teenagers and 15% adults. Normally I would refuse candy to teenagers and adults because I think it's odd that teenagers would still be trick-or-treating at that age, and that adults would even have the audacity to come to my porch asking for candy, but since I don't want a gun pulled on me I give candy to all. I was telling my sister that I am really looking forward to next Halloween when we'll have a baby to dress up and show off. Holidays always seem more fun when there are children involved.

I just started my third trimester, so two down, only one to go! I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I only threw up once during my first trimester, and that was because I was eating cottage cheese while Tim was watching some dumb zombie movie with a lot of blood and people eating each other. Not such a great combination. Recently I have had this burning/stabbing pain close to my rib cage, and it only happens on the right side of my body. At first I blamed it on heartburn because I've never really experienced that pain before. I tried Tums to see if that would make any difference and it didn't. Luckily I already had my monthly doctor's appointment scheduled for Thursday so I didn't have to make a special trip to see him. After showing him exactly where it hurts, he concluded that it's most likely something relating to my gallbladder. I have an ultrasound scheduled on Tuesday so they can figure out exactly what the problem is. I will keep everyone updated. Here is a great Halloween picture to conclude this awesome blog post.


4 comments:

Eilene said...

Yeah, you'd better call me. I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems--you haven't mentioned that to me.

Becca said...

Love the festive shirt! Keep us updated after the ultrasound.

Courtney and Nate said...

BELLY!! You're such a cute pregnant lady.

Stacy Johnson said...

such a cute baby belly!! :)