Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gunshots Sound Like Hammers

That is a fun fact I discovered today during the drive-by shooting that occurred on our street. Tim and I were in the kitchen eating lunch when we heard what sounded like loud hammering. He looked out the window a few minutes later and noticed three cop cars in front of our house. He went outside to see what was going on and to see if he could get some information from one of the cops. Our next-door neighbors that share our duplex actually happened to be outside when it happened, so they had to talk to the cops for a while to give their statements. They told Tim that two cars were driving down the street, going in opposite directions, when one pulled out a gun and shot at the other. We're all assuming that there were no injuries since both cars immediately drove away. The cops said that there were 8 to 10 shots fired, and they found the casings just 2 houses down from ours. Now I know to hit the deck if a black Dodge Neon or a red Chevy Malibu drives by again!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Um, maybe it's time to move.

Tiffany said...

I ditto Becca! I thought that you were going to move after that post a while ago about moving!! Now it's time sweetie. We love you too much to watch you stay there! What would we do without your fun stories? LOL! See you for the pioneer day BBQ at G&G's.

Talana said...

Oh my freaking gosh!
Leesa if the Lord has ever given signs to his children... then I think that was one!

You and I and Lucky all know that Florida is calling your name. Maybe in the scariest way possible, but it's still calling!

P.S. Please write a book about all of these insane adventures...

P. P. S. You're not raising a child in that neighborhood! I would kidnap it if I had too!

emily said...

It's time for an intervention. Leesa, we've brought you here tonight, surrounded by all of the people who love you, to tell you, GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE! Seriously! That's insane. I grew up in CA and didn't ever experience anything that scary (although there was a murder in my dad's store's parking lot and a hanging across the street in the park! But, I wasn't there for either of them and it's besides the point.) Move, or I will come move for you. :) Can't wait to hear next week where you're moving to!

Reary Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reary Family said...

Yes, time to move. We have houses for sale in our neighborhood, with fenced in yards for Lucky. We have new road construction, but no drive-bys.