I've been a Primary teacher for about 4 months now and I really enjoy it. I teach the 8-11 year old kids. Originally I was called to teach the girls and then some guy was teaching the boys, but that guy decided this was the perfect time to stop coming to church, so now I teach all of them. I can't complain because I don't think I could handle a room full of chatty, giggling girls every week, so I feel like I need the boys to balance things out a little bit and give me some sanity. I usually have an average of 3 or 4 kids every week, so I think I've got it pretty good. Here are some funny things that have been said lately:
I let them choose a candy at the end of each class if they have earned it, but my rule is that they have to wait to eat it until after singing time. One girl put her sucker in her mouth on our way out the door immediately after class. I reminded her of the rule and she said that it didn't count since we weren't in singing time yet. Seriously? So I told her she had to give me the sucker back. She refused. Another girl came up to her and said, "Stop sassing the teacher!"
During singing time one of the boys closed his eyes, put his legs up on his chair Indian-style and his hands on his knees like some sort of yoga pose. I asked what he was doing and he replied "I need some peace and quiet." I wasn't sure what to say to this. He leaned over a few a seconds later and said, "I'm pretending to be my mom."
The same boy started loudly popping his knuckles during singing time. I leaned over and told him that he better stop now or his hands would look like mine when he was my age, and then I put my hand in front of him to prove it. His only response? "Holy crap!"
1 comment:
Hahaha-hahahaha!
Oh Leesa!
I adore this!
I am glad you are enjoying your primary class while mine is still... um... yeah. You know.
Anyway, sounds like a fun group, and it seems like you got off pretty easy with 4 children; especially considering the fact that you live in Utah!
This gave me a much needed laugh, I even had to share it with Jenn who laughed out loud alongside me!
I love you and miss you!
I wish we could see each other more, then we would have plenty of awesome stories to blog about!
Post a Comment