Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's the Holiday Season!

Tim and I have technically had 3 Christmas celebrations this year, so the 2009 holiday season has been pretty amazing. We started it off with Christmas at my mom's house, which is a loose term for what occurred Sunday night. Normally we have lasagna for Christmas dinner, but since my mom insisted that it technically wasn't Christmas, she made a chicken, rice and broccoli casserole instead. Disappointing, I know. Terra and I teased her enough about it that we both thought she would give in and make lasagna anyway. She didn't. After dinner we exchanged a few presents, and my mom and the Reary's gave us a really nice pots and pans set that I've dreamed of since Tim and I got married two years ago.

On Monday night Tim and I celebrated our Christmas together since we would be leaving for Florida the next morning. Tim gave me a Wii for Christmas, along with a couple of fun games! I also got the entire series of "Friends" on DVD, so I've got a lot of good things to keep me occupied when we get home from FL. Tim got a lot of boring but realistic things that he needed, such as jeans, shirts, socks and shoes. That's what happens when you don't want to spend money on that type of thing throughout the year, you get it all for Christmas.

Tim, Lucky, and I flew out to Florida on Tuesday morning. We were spoiled on Christmas, with Tim getting quite a few Blu-Ray movies and PlayStation games, and I got 2 more Wii games, among a lot of other presents between the two of us. We also got a gift card to Cheesecake Factory (someone knows me well), Shade Clothing (Again, someone else knows me well), and Papa Johns (mostly for Tim). Tim left me with the impression that I opened all my presents at home, but he surprised me with a pair of hoop earrings that I've been looking at for several months. He's so sneaky and romantic. We've had a lot of fun here, and we are always excited to come hang out with our Florida family. Lucky loves every second of our time here, and she waits by the sliding door all day long to go out and swim in the lake.

We were able to go to Hollywood Studios a couple of days ago, which we loved! Since I'm not much of a picture taker, I'm always grateful when someone else is. In this case, it was my sister-in-law, Talana.

1 comment:

Eilene said...

Are you still harping on the Sunday "Christmas" dinner menu? Good thing next year the dinner will actually take place on Christmas and you can enjoy your lasagne.
Looks like you're having a great time in sunny Florida while the rest of us are in 20 degree weather with snow.