Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Veggie Tales
I have officially started my vegetarian lifestyle. Today is day 2, and I'm surprised by how easy it has been so far. Nothing like that time I tried to go without eating desserts. Boy was that a terrible idea. Anyway, Tim has predicted that I will last a week, and my good friend Jenna was slightly more generous in her prediction of one month. I have asked Tim to show me pictures of cute animals whenever I get tempted to eat one. Any edible animal will do the job, such as Bambi, Babe or Piglet. I'm still coming to terms with how this will affect my usual birthday dinner request of ham and funeral potatoes. Tofu just doesn't sound as appealing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good luck! That would be hard.
First of all, WHY? To cut back on your grocery spending? And secondly, Bambi? How often do you eat deer? Thirdly, is Tim going along with this and if not, does he eat fast food every night?
All very good questions, Jess. I was wondering how Tim was faring as well. But mostly I'm curious about your reason to swear off meat.
Me too! Why would you do that to yourself? And oooooo, Ham and funeral potatoes sounds soooo yummy! God placed animals on the earth for us to eat. Yes, he did say sparingly, so maybe just try to cut back to a few times a week?? I couldn't do it. I make something with meat every day for dinner....almost. We do like eggplant parmesan with pasta.
I didn't eat meat for like 3 1/2 months before we moved to Florida. It wasn't too bad...until Nate's parents wanted to go to Rodizio for his graduation. That killed my vegetarianism. I also tried to go vegan....that lasted for MAYBE 2 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I cheated since there is either milk or eggs or gelatin or animal byproduct in everything. But good luck! I wish I could still do it, but I'm weak!
Oh my Leesa... I love you! You are so delightfully wonderful! You are a much better person than I because I don't know if even a picture of babe would stop me from eating bacon.... Mmmm... bacon!!!
How is it coming along?
So, I'm thinking now that the month trial is up, we all need a report on how your craziness, uh, I mean, vegetarianism-ness-ish is going!
Post a Comment