Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Instant Birth Control

After hiding from the ward Bishop for almost a year, I was finally tracked down and given a calling. Naturally I will be the nursery leader and coordinator. I had this same calling in my mom's ward for about 3 years before I was married, so by now it feels like my God-given calling in life. Truth be told, I would rather work with children than anyone else. Relief Society would be a lot of pressure considering there are only about 12 women all over the age of 72 that attend. I would feel like I was at work again, talking to a bunch of senile old women and such. Young Women's would be slightly more intimidating due to the fact that most teenage girls are really quite snotty. Let's be honest here, I know this better than anyone. Tim is teaching me the basic Spanish phrases that I will need to know to be able to communicate with every child in the nursery. I already know how to tell them to stop talking, so I've got a good head start.

2 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

How do you know Spanish for stop talking? It wouldn't be that Tim uses that one on you, would it? So if you avoided a calling for nearly a year, weren't you sitting in RS among those 12 72-year-old women all that time? No comment on the snotty teenager. :)

Tiffany said...

I really miss the nursery. I went from being Nursery leader to YW president. Pretty much the same calling except the YW don't wear diapers. They need snacks to stay entertained, they whine, talk back and don't listen and love to do what they are told not to, and you can only keep their attention for about 5 minutes. =)