My sister Becca recently told me that she missed reading my blog, so I decided I needed to post something soon. Since I haven't had any blog worthy experiences lately, I'll tell a story that happened a couple of years ago.
I was 20 years old and had been pulled over 21 times and therefore, had my drivers license suspended for a month. I was working two jobs at the time (to pay for all the speeding tickets) so I couldn't really just hang out at home and do nothing. I didn't feel that I could get rides from friends everyday since I still had my pride, and I didn't even have enough friends to cover all the rides I would need anyway. So being the resourceful girl that I am, I borrowed a bike from a friend and rode it to work every day.
One particular day I noticed that my shoelace was becoming untied and I didn't want to take the time to get off the bike and tie it since I was already late for work (the reason for the tickets in the first place). I'm very bendy so I came up with the brilliant idea of putting my foot on the handle bars to tie my shoe while I was driving. This resulted in disaster and I ended up crashing the bike, and my entire body, into a chainlink fence. Luckily no damage was done to the bike that I didn't even own, the fence that got in my way, or myself. I counted all eight cars that slowly passed by while I was on the ground laughing hysterically. But that's not all. My eyes get really squinty when I laugh and I can't see anything, so for the rest of the trip to work I had to stop four different times so I could laugh about it without crashing again. In retrospect, I would have saved a lot of time by just getting off the bike and tying my shoe in the first place.
4 comments:
Sorry, I messed up. I love the stories Leesa! I'm so glad that you are documenting these so that one day your kids will have proof as to how funny and crazy you really are! Hope you're doing well...keep the funnies comin'!
Awe, the classic shoelace on the bike story. Love it!
That is really too funny! You are seriously the most entertaining person I know that all the entertainment comes from your own stories! So fun!
Post a Comment