Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tim's Christmas Surprise

I wanted to surprise Tim with something really exciting for our first Christmas as a married couple. I decided one of the best presents I could give him would be tickets to the Vegas Bowl, including a weekend trip to Vegas. With the help of my generous uncle, we stayed at the Marriott Suites, just off the Strip. The hotel was very nice and classy, and the room was a lot bigger than I expected. Tim pretty much figured out where we were going after we passed Cedar City, and I let him know I planned one day for myself and one day for him, it was only fair.

Our first night there (Thursday) we went to the ESPN Zone, which is a restaraunt/bar in New York New York, and one of Tim's favorite places in Vegas. Everything was ridiculously over-priced, so I was forced to get an appetizer.

Friday was the day I planned for myself, so naturally we went shopping. There are some great outlets in Primm, which is about 25 minutes south of Vegas. We only spent about 2 hours and $60, and I was extremely proud of both of those numbers. We drove back to Vegas and walked through most of the hotels that night, and then ate dinner and dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. My day couldn't have been better.

Saturday we slept in and then went to the old downtown Vegas, with the Fitzgerald and the big cowboy that waves his arm. I lost $10 in blackjack, which was pretty sad. We walked around a few more hotels, and then left for the big game. I'll admit, I took a Nora Roberts book to pass the time and boredom that a football game causes. But with 4th row seats on the 35(ish) yard line, BYU's side, how could I not be somewhat interested? It was a decent game, but the last 4 seconds made up for everything, and even I had a great time despite the fact that it was 32 degrees. Here are some pictures:

This is how close we were to the players.

Everyone running to the field to celebrate the victory.



This is the final score, but it's a little blurry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Good job on your two hours and $60. That is pretty impressive.

Stacy Johnson said...

We went too. Our tickets were kind of weird because at first we had some and then we didn't but in the end we got a call on Friday night that we did have tickets (and they were free!) So we drove down late Friday night, and yes Shawn and I did rush the field after the game!