I just wanted to give an update on Tim's condition. For those of you that didn't know he was sick, this will be new information for you. Just for fun, we are going to do this timeline style:
*Monday, March 30 - Tim started coughing up blood. He told me it wasn't serious. I didn't believe him.
*Tuesday, March 31 - He started coughing up alarming amounts of blood, which is exactly what I wrote on his admission paperwork. He doesn't have insurance. We tried to go to InstaCare, but they immediately sent us to the ER when they found out what the problem was. We were at the ER for about 4 hours where they tested his blood, his throat, and even did chest x-rays. They tried to do a CT scan but those are about $1,500 so we said SCREW that. They diagnosed him with bronchitis and sent him home with antibiotics. We had no choice but to believe them. Way off, suckers!
*Wednesday, April 1st to Thursday, April 2nd - More blood. More dizziness.
*Friday, April 3rd - Insane amounts of blood. So bad in fact that he had to carry a plastic cup around with him everywhere he went. I had to empty it on occasion. Bad idea. I have quite an aversion to blood. Anyway, this isn't about me. He went back to the hospital to see if they could recommend him to a pulmonary specialist. They did. He set up an appointment for the next Wednesday.
*Saturday, April 4th - We discovered that the less he moved, the less he hacked up blood. Needless to say, it was a very uneventful day.
*Sunday, April 5th to Tuesday, April 7th - Still enough blood that the blue plastic cup was his constant companion. He got to stay home from work and school Monday and Tuesday. He was bored. I was jealous.
*Wednesday, April 8th - Finally! The pulmonary specialist sent him to Provo to get a CT scan. How ironic. At least it was half off at this shady clinic. The results: An alarming amount of fluid in his right lung. The diagnosis: Pneumonia. What was the point of the antibiotics that he started taking a week ago? Clearly they have done nothing. If only I knew the answer.
Tim thought I should post a picture he took after one particularly bad coughing spell. I refused. Your welcome.
5 comments:
Tim's diagnosis is obviously a relief knowing what some of the other options were. Though he was a very sick guy, I couldn't help but chuckle at your descriptive and humorous log. Thanks for that, Leesa!
Wow! That's crazy and sooo gross. hope he feels better!
Oh my goodness!! How is he? What do they give him for pneumonia? That is so scary! But you mom is right, you put it very humerously. Love ya Lees!
Wow, I had no idea! That just shows how out of touch I am. I'm sorry you're not feeling well Tim. No Easter egg hunts for you I guess. You'll just have to convince Leesa to save you some candy. Yeah Lees, you do have a way of making something tramatic seem humorous.
Leesa, I think only you could write a post about one of my dear friends hacking up blood and allowing some comic relief to make me feel better about the situation. Thank you for the smiles along the way, and for not posting a particularly bad coughing spell. I owe you.
Is there anything I can do to help?
Post a Comment