I work for a company that calls and does surveys for different nursing homes and healthcare providers. For example, say Lindon Care Center hires us to do 5 surveys a month. So we call the patient or their family member and ask them some questions about the care he/she is receiving. The reason I like my job is because you get to talk to so many people every day, and a good portion of them end up being totally crazy. So here's my latest story: Today I called Martha in San Diego about the home health care she is receiving. Martha can't hear very well, so I end up having to yell into my headset, which is never a good start. She answers three out of my twelve questions before she starts telling me about her son, who is in the Army. Here are some things I learned from Martha: My life would be more rewarding if I quit this "worthless" job I'm doing and went into the Army. There are 6,000 troops down in the Rio Grande, and I should be one of them. If I dedicated more time to the Army she would recommend me to the White House. At this point I laughed out loud and she scolded me, "This is a serious subject, it's not a laughing matter young lady." The "young lady" part humbled me a bit, so I apologized for my behavior. What I would do in the White House is beyond me, but if she has that kind of power then who am I to argue?
Friday, February 22, 2008
Martha, Martha, Martha
I work for a company that calls and does surveys for different nursing homes and healthcare providers. For example, say Lindon Care Center hires us to do 5 surveys a month. So we call the patient or their family member and ask them some questions about the care he/she is receiving. The reason I like my job is because you get to talk to so many people every day, and a good portion of them end up being totally crazy. So here's my latest story: Today I called Martha in San Diego about the home health care she is receiving. Martha can't hear very well, so I end up having to yell into my headset, which is never a good start. She answers three out of my twelve questions before she starts telling me about her son, who is in the Army. Here are some things I learned from Martha: My life would be more rewarding if I quit this "worthless" job I'm doing and went into the Army. There are 6,000 troops down in the Rio Grande, and I should be one of them. If I dedicated more time to the Army she would recommend me to the White House. At this point I laughed out loud and she scolded me, "This is a serious subject, it's not a laughing matter young lady." The "young lady" part humbled me a bit, so I apologized for my behavior. What I would do in the White House is beyond me, but if she has that kind of power then who am I to argue?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your stories, Leesa! I would definitely recommend you to the White House as well...in fact, let me give good ole Georgie a call right now for you! That's hilarious! Keep the stories coming!
Another gem. You never let me down. Thanks for the laugh.
So...what are you going to do???? It's a tough one, so think about it for a while! That is a funny story!
Post a Comment