So I'm sure those of you who read this blog know me well enough to know what a ditz I am. So this good story probably won't come as a shock to most of you. But, I think it even surprised my own mother a little bit, so I guess we'll see.
Tim and I are moving into a duplex in West Valley, so the other day I had to call Questar Gas to put the account in our name. So I'm giving the guy our names and address and what not and he says he can't find any account with that address. Well we were both pretty confused until I remembered that the south street has another name. I was so excited to tell him and ended up pretty much yelling it into the phone. The street name is Hyannis, but I didn't stop to think about pronunciation, so I said it "Hi Anus". Well the guy snorts a little bit trying to cover up his laugh, which I couldn't help but appreciate that he was trying to spare my feelings. But being the person that I am, these things happen to me a lot so I've learned to laugh along with them. So I said something to the affect of, "Well that was really awkward, let's move on". Naturally this story made my day, and I'm really hoping it did the same for him.
5 comments:
Leesa, you'll always be good for a laugh. I will miss that when you move out. I'll expect you to keep me up on your latest blonde experiences.
Yeah, Leesa! I told you I'd be checking your blog tonight!:) That's hilarious! Maybe next time I see you, I'll greet you with "Hi, Anus!" Love it! Keep the stories coming...you're always good for some entertaining ones!
Lees thats hilarious! I gotta say my brother in law remembers you as "pickle" girl because that one time you jammed all the pickles in the jar then said... "now that I have jammed all these pickles in how is the juice going to fit!" that was funny too!
Hey Em, I don't think it's a good thing to call Leesa " Hi, Anus" in the temple! hehe. Maybe you could just say, "now what street are you going to be living on?" =) Leesa, you are always good for a laugh!
Remember how you told me this story over the phone and it made me really happy? And I was just as happy to read it again tonight? Oh... you're the best!
Post a Comment